Monday, November 8, 2010

Beautiful Mess

The month of chaos has finally hit. And while my to-do list is a monster the length of my body, here I am instead, blogging. Oh well, this helps clear my cluttered mind...even if only temporarily. Recently, well what am I talking about, this entire semester I have found myself in perma-stress. It's the technical term for being constantly stressed out. OK, no it's not, but for the moment it works. Every time I take time for myself, whether that's calling someone from back home, watching T.V, or even catching up on the oh-so elusive sleep my body continually craves, in the back of my mind is all the things that I need to get done. What e-mails do I need to send out (P.S. I just remembered an e-mail that needed to go out yesterday...darn it), what conversations do I need to have with my staff, what reading do I need to do, what paper still needs to get written, what project have I totally forget about, what meeting did I forget to put in my calendar, what program needs to get finalized, what questions did I need to remember to ask my supervisor, oh and my laundry!! And the moment I cross off one thing from my list, 5 more things are added. And the month of November is the epitome of madness. I mean check out what my living room looks like at the moment. Ahh! It stresses me out to even look at it now! However, even with my crazy schedule and monstrous to-do list, I often find myself so thankful that I am here getting to do and experience all this. So far it has been an experience that has helped me really reflect on who I am and who I want to be. In the few months I have been here, I have gone through things that really tested me and some experiences have darn well broke me! But even though my life at times seems like a hot mess, I am still able to find beauty within all of it. What more can I ask for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment