Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year...New Bucket List

Happy New Year All! Hope you had a great evening ringing in 2011. Before heading down to Minneapolis to celebrate with some friends from college, I went to a friend's wedding in my home town.

Side note: To all my girlfriends out there that are kind enough to read this silly blog of mine, just a warning, I am going to be a hot mess at your wedding. There is something so special about watching a good friend start a new journey in life with someone who loves them so sincerely and completely. Brings tears to my eyes. Can't wait.

Okay, end of tangent. Back to original purpose of blog.

With the beginning of a new year upon us, I was reminded of a recent conversation I had with my dad while perched on a counter in our kitchen. My dad brought up having a bucket list and all the things he wants to do throughout his lifetime. He spoke about wanting to see Alaska, Yosemite National Park, the Grand Canyon and some other incredible things. This conversation got me thinking about my bucket list. While spending some time in Africa in college, my teammates and I made our own bucket lists. But of course, that was five years ago and I have totally misplaced my list. Not surprising. Nonetheless, I figured it was about time to revamp said list. So to all three of my readers, my bucket list. Notice: said list is subject to change and these items are listed in no particular order. :)

Bucket List
Become fluent in another language
Live and work in Europe
Learn how to play guitar
Figure out a way to dance with Mark Ballas
Celebrate NYE in NYC
Visit the Holy Land
Drink wine with Jorgen in Italy
Catch a game at Fenway and Yankee Stadium
Read the complete works of Shakespeare
See the Great Wall of China
Go see a Coldplay concert with my dad
Take a helicopter ride around the Hawaiian Islands
Be an incredible wife and mother

Needless to say, some of these items are a little more tangible than others. I mean the chances of me getting to dance with Mark Ballas are slim to none, but a girl can dream right? Hmm...now I just need to figure out which item I am going to check off first!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jacki! I'd love to cross off one item on your Bucket List! I'm Mark Ballas's manager and I'm happy to arrange a chance for you to dance with him. We'll be at Club Therapy on Saturday, January 30th in Winston Salem for Mark's music tour. Come out that night and I guarantee you'll tear up the floor with Mark ;-)

    Happy New Year!
    Bill McCoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done! You make sure you're there, I'll make sure it happens. I told Mark about it last night and he's excited to cross it off your list!

    ReplyDelete