Thursday, September 9, 2010

Roll Tide Roll

Last weekend, I had the awesome opportunity to drive down to Alabama with another grad student, Courtney, to watch an Alabama football game. Let me tell you, that type of experience can and should make anyone love football! Campus is crazy.
Everyone is happy because football is officially starting. You are among a sea of red. Roll Tide takes over as the formal greeting in the state. Tailgating begins bright and early in the morning and goes all night long. Free food. Lots of entertainment. You can dance with random strangers to the Cupid Shuffle. Oh and the football isn't that bad too! All in all, the game was well worth the 16 hours in a car. Plus I got to go to target and eat chipotle, so really it was a very valuable and life-giving trip for me. But from now on, I may be a little bias towards the crimson tide! Once a Bama fan, always a Bama fan! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Roll Tide! When do you have time to drive down to Alabama when you are a RD?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have time really! But it was so great to go! I figure since I'm here until December, I might as well take any chance possible to get off the mountain!

    ReplyDelete