Friday, November 12, 2010

Flowers=Smiles!

Good motto for life: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Matthew 7:12. One way I live this out, I buy people flowers. Why? Because I like being able to send them to people who may need some encouragement, for birthdays, to say CONGRATS or maybe for no reason at all! But I will come clean, I also send flowers because some day I hope to get them in return. Call me selfish. It's OK. I've come to terms with that. However, the times I have gotten flowers are very few and far between. Most of the flowers I have received in life have been from gymnastics meets and those days ended 8 years ago. But as of recent days, my luck in being the receiver of flowers has changed! VICTORY! The first may have been due to sudden hints to my Sr. RA Adam when I said in Harris Teeter (a grocery store for all you Minnesotans) "I always buy flowers for my friends with the hope that they will buy me flowers." Thus resulting in... "Aww...Thanks, Adam! You shouldn't have!!" :) And then today, I receive these... from mommy dearest by way of Leigh Carruth. Mom, this is the one and only time I am thankful you stalk people on Facebook...LOVE YOU! So for the moment, it appears the flower drought has ended! And with that I'm all smiles here!

Update: More flowers recently arrived! Man, I guess you just need to move 20 hours from home for people to finally send flowers! This particular arrangement I had to track down in the parking lot of Cafe Portofino here in Boone then brought them back to the tailgate I was at. Got some strange looks from drunken football fans. But, if anything it added some class to the tailgate! Thank you, Jorgen! The flowers are as fabulous as you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment