Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Little Things...

Today was a great day.

A great day that I needed desperately! It wasn't because of anything major but because of a ton of little things that caused me to feel joyful for the first time in a while. It started off by finally getting to go to church at The Heart here in Boone. Last time I had been able to go to that service was back in September. On top of that, today in Boone it was nearly 60, sunny and perfect! Need I remind you that it is still January and since I'm a Minnesota girl, I have NEVER experienced 60 and sunny in January before. That in itself should make anyone really happy. Yet small, but great things kept coming up.

For me, today I found joy in a fountain coke from Jimmy Johns, hearing Miranda Lambert's song The House that Built Me on the radio (and then about ten more times through youtube). I found it in driving with the windows rolled down. And through some much needed vitamin D attained by a great hike up at Beacon Heights.

As well as working on my research project with a great partner - YAY Meg! By driving down some Tennessee back country roads with Rebecca and Grant singing amazing songs from the late 90's while trying to avoid hitting the possums that like to dart out in front of oncoming traffic. Joy was in some Postsecret cards that stuck out to me for one reason or another.

New Secrets Each Sunday at www.postsecret.com
 Conversations with friends and family. Verses that say just the right thing at the right time. Taking a day for myself instead of doing homework. All of these things, small as they may be, are the things that caused me to have a pretty remarkable day! So today, I'm thankful for the little things in life!

1 comment:

  1. There you go friend... keep looking for the little things... sometimes the little things add up to a greater joy than one big thing... keep smiling friend!

    ReplyDelete