Monday, February 7, 2011

China isn't that far away...

In just over a week, my dear friend Jenny Fey will be taking a giant leap of faith as she is moving to China to teach English. Yay Jenny! I can remember having so many talks with Jen in our old house at 1183 Farrington St (see below picture...and then read Welcome to the Jungle blog post!)
J mowing the lawn for the 1st time ever!
 about what Jenny would be doing next with her life. Was it going to be grad school? What she supposed to go back overseas? It was a big decision for Jen. One that we prayed about often. Jen thinks I have some sort of 6th sense or that I'm prophetic (doubtful) because I have an uncanny way of guessing things correctly. I just say it's a healthy dose of intuition. But one night after a lengthy discussion on what Jenny is passionate about and the big decisions she was facing in her life, I got a gut feeling. Again. I walked up the stairs, knocked on Jenny's door and said "Jen, you have to go overseas." And after a short stint in Ukraine and the Czeck Republic, she will now be calling Kunming, China her home.
I'm so thrilled for Jenny! I truly feel that this is what she needs to do during this time of her life. She is going to be incredible as a teacher and I can't wait to hear about all the fascinating things she is going to learn and do in her new home. Jen, all I ask is for a Coach purse...don't care what kind of secret, back corner place you get it from! Okay? Thanks! Moving on...

I'm not going to lie, though. It brings a tear to my eye every time I think about how it will probably be a very long time before I get to see her again. Insert major sad face. The last time I was having some ridiculous, girlie, emotional breakdown - one only JFey could cure - I could just fly her down here and life would soon return to its normal state of bliss. That, however, probably won't be happening anytime soon as I have a feeling the flight from China to Boone would set me back a little more.
Yay for best friends!
Nonetheless, I'm very proud of my little Jenny Fey! J- thank you for being such an awesome friend over the years. You are a remarkable woman and I have been blessed to learn so much from you. I know that you are going to do great things over in China and although we are worlds away from each other, I am certain that our friendship is bound to only grow stronger and deeper. Who knows, maybe I will be able to come visit you in Kunming?! Fingers crossed!

I love you, Jenny Fey.

No comments:

Post a Comment