Friday, January 21, 2011

Travel Bug

Travel is as much a passion as ambition or love.
-L.E. Landon

This week my cohort and I had our first meeting for our upcoming trip to the United Kingdom. To say that I was excited about this upcoming adventure would be a major understatement. I'M ECSTATIC!! The last time I was out of the country was back in 2005 and each year I have thought about going back overseas. Now, five and a half years later I am finally heading back to...
Oh hey, Big Ben!


love it!
We leave for our trip to the UK on April 6th...and I will admit that I am doing my best to keep myself from counting down. I have so much work to do before then but I am using the trip as a source of motivation.

For quite some time now, I have always dreamed about living and working over in Europe. I even have a couple schools in mind that I would really like to work at. While sitting in class this week and discussing different cultures through various conversations, I couldn't help but thinking that I was made for a different culture than the one I'm currently in. There is something about European culture that speaks to me. It could be the extensive history, could be the way of life. Who knows what it really is, but something about being across the pond makes me feel "at home". So maybe someday that dream will become a reality.

Until then, I will be perfectly content with this 2 week trip. Don't worry, I plan to keep you all informed about the progress of the trip and the trip itself. Just wanted to get a jump on sharing my excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment