Sunday, October 24, 2010

Jenny in NC

It finally happened. I knew it would. It was just a matter of time. I got homesick. Well, to be totally honest, homesickness was just an addition to an already developing emotional breakdown. Nonetheless, I needed someone from home. I was tempted for a moment to fly home. After all, this past weekend, my mom's side of the family did celebrate Christmas. Yes. Christmas in October. Let's not dwell on that at the moment. But the thought of going home and having to be around so many people, sorry family - I do love you, would have been way too overwhelming, especially with the current state I'm in. So what did I do, I begged. Pleaded even. Until finally I found a taker on the offer of "Any MN friends want to come visit me in Boone for the weekend? I'll fly you down here! Not even kidding." I was able to fly one of my best friends, Jenny, down here for a measly 24 hours. And folks, let me tell you, those 24 hours were great! I needed them so badly. For the first time in a while, I finally felt like I wasn't 20 hours away from home. I had a person in my life I could just be myself with. It was fantastic! Just what the doctor ordered. My friends are so important to me. And I'm the type of person that only allows myself to get really close with a select few. And those friendships are ones I'll fight for. They are the ones I will pay $600 for them to come see me for 24 hours. And while friendships have their ups and downs too, I am certain those things can only bring people closer together in the end. So even though a breakdown had to occur for it to take place, Jenny I am so glad you came to Boone! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment