Friday, December 10, 2010

A Warm Welcome

Tonight, I got to be the person running through the airport to give someone a hug. It has been over four months since I have been home and other than a few Skype calls with my parents and an impromptu flight out by the BFF, I haven't seen anyone from home. So when I saw my mom waiting over by baggage claim I couldn't help myself but run over to her! And then two other "bffls" (best friends for life) Jorgen and Kelly came to welcome me back to the land of frozen tundra as well! It was great! I had this goofy grin stuck on my face that wouldn't go away. Meh...whatever. I'm over it.

But the best part and one of the reasons why I love the airport so much was seeing a young man, dressed up in his service uniform walk toward baggage claim and then seeing his little brother with an adorable home-made sign run towards him and give him the biggest hug! PRECIOUS! There is nothing better than a warm welcome home! Speaking of home...it is weird to be back in MN. Too many MN license plates here. Which yes, I know. I'm the person in Boone that will always point out when I see a MN license plate. But now there are just too many. I have lots of thoughts about this whole "home" thing. But we'll get to that later. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment