Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Days gone by...

Tonight I went back to my high school to watch my former gymnastics team compete. Let me tell you...it was very strange. During my high school days, I used to live in that building. I spent so many years staying at school from at least 7am to 7pm with college classes, jazz band, or one of my four sports I participated in. So tonight, as I wandered down the halls, I tried to remember as best as I could where my old lockers were, which classrooms I had class in, and which teachers were still there.


I walked towards the gym to find one of my teachers who was at the basketball game and it even smelt the same as it did seven years ago. Believe me, I know. I spent far too much time in the gym and locker room in high school. While I was sitting in the gym watching the game, I had flashbacks from when I had to do boards for volleyball (taking a foot long 2 x4 that is covered with carpet and pushing it from base line to base line with your hands and feet over and over and over again...nasty things, great for your butt) high school dances, band concerts, pep rallies,  prom proms (confession...I went to prom 5 times). Even though I graduated seven years ago, (wow, I now feel old, thank you very much) it all came rushing back. Sometimes it's hard to believe that such a small place had such a large impact on who I am today. I loved high school. No way in hell I would ever want to go back! But my time there was great. So here is some residual school spirit....GO IRISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment