Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Holidays

Officially survived another holiday season. The evidence of it being a grand one is proven in the necessity of a good workout or ten. And of course, Minnesota delivered another white Christmas without fail. However, as grand as it may have been, I would be lying if I said I wasn't glad it was over. Now don't call me a grinch, but I haven't been the biggest fan of Christmas for quite some time. Big supporter of the meaning and purpose of Christmas, but for so many years it meant encountering family members I didn't have such an exciting past with. Christmas for me is usually survived with the continual consumption of wine.
My holiday survival kit
And now with both my older brothers married, Christmas is changing even more. But there were some great things that took place this Christmas. My little niece Abby celebrated her first Christmas. Why it is so entertaining to watch little kids open up Christmas gifts, I don't know, but it is. And why we even get little kids gifts to begin with is beyond me. They are so enamored by wrapping paper alone!

Abby's First Christmas
By far my favorite part of the holiday is watching Christmas movies with the fam. Elf is a must. And, I introduced my parents to It's a Wonderful Life this year. Can't believe we all hadn't seen it until this year. SLACKERS! Now it's time to look forward to the New Year and celebrating that with another wedding. Woot woot! Well, from snowy Minnesota, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment