Sunday, July 25, 2010

I have arrived in Boone!

The time has finally arrived and I am now in Boone North Carolina! Woot Woot! Yeah, I wasn't so excited to come here the last couple months. I was really worried about entering into something that I was so completely unfamiliar with. But I knew once I got down here that things would just click and I would be reminded of why I first fell in love with this place! So Boone in July is gorgeous! The hills are incredible and campus is stunning. I definitely moved to a beautiful spot! The hall that I live in is called Coltrane Hall. It's over in Stadium village on campus so I have a nice short walk to this fall's upcoming football games! I think I have more space here than I have in any of my living situations over the past 6 years.

I mean, I have a closet just for my shoes. And I don't have that many shoes so I may need to work on filling that space a little better...with more shoes of course! My kitchen is huge and completely void of food and other vital kitchen necessities.

My bathroom, again twice the size of the one I just left! My bedroom is great..minus the fact that there is zero air conditioning! However my bed is 4 ft off the ground and I fear that one day I am going to take an accidental roll the wrong way and real do myself in. And, there are these horrible corners that the mattress leaves exposed. I know one day my knee and one of those dreadful corners are going to have a very painful meeting! Tomorrow I start training, bright and early at 8am! Hooray! I'm really ready just to get started and meet some people so I don't just sit up in my room by myself any longer! I am so excited to see what all takes place on this crazy journey! I know I am going to learn a lot and be stretched a lot! Bring it on! I'm ready for it!!

3 comments:

  1. Let me know the morning you jab your knee into that bed. I can visualize the scene already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea u for sure need some color on those walls! And its prolly a good thing that you are hundreds of miles away otherwise i would be too tempted to help u fill that shoe closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I will text you the moment I lose my knee cap to the corner of the bed. And Jorgen, you would have to bring your shoes with you because I'm not certain there is a shoe store anywhere close!

    ReplyDelete