Saturday, May 21, 2011

Start of Something New

The world is always in movement.
- V. S. Naipaul 

Something about being in Boone makes the above statement even more true. I feel like ever since I have arrived in Boone my life has always been stuck in this constant fluidity of change.  Learning a new job. Meeting new people. Adjusting to this hippie culture. Trying to figure what it exactly means to be a Mountaineer. And now, even though it's technically "summer" here at App State, I feel that I have been experiencing more changes now than ever before. While some of these changes are great and better than what I expected. Some take time to adjust to and I'm not always so thrilled about them when I first become aware of them. Some make me smile and maybe even blush a little! ;) Yet, others have brought me to tears and left me completely confused and frustrated. But no matter what, whether I am happy about the change or not, I strive to see the good. I have to look for the thing that keeps me going and the ways that I could possibly become a better person because of this new adventure in my life. No matter what I do to stop the curve balls from coming, they always seem to show up when I least expect. Might as well make the best out of it and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment