Sunday, July 29, 2012

Time to Buckle Up

I'm back by popular demand! And by popular, I mean my mom wants me to keep blogging. Regardless the reason, I'm back. With a new blog look I might add. So as one could imagine, a lot has happened in life since I blogged last. Not hard to do when my last blog post was 4 months ago. No need to share the play-by-play at this point in time, but there is one big change I'd like to highlight. After two incredible years at AppState, I have now pressed onward in my adventures and am now living in Durham, New Hampshire and will be working as a Hall Director for the University of New Hampshire. I have been in Durham for about three weeks now and start my new position tomorrow. I will be the HD over Williamson Hall, which will be the home of myself and about 500 enthusiastic, wide-eyed and somewhat destructive freshmen. Lucky me, right? I have already been briefed on horror stories by some of my staff and fellow hall directors. To say I'm not scared would be on outright lie. I'm terrified! Just occupancy alone, the building is nearly double the size of buildings I have previously managed. I also get to triple my staff size by going from 5 RAs last year to 1 undergrad assistant hall director, 1 administrative assistant and 16 RAs. Yikes! However, while the increase in numbers is very daunting, I am also really excited about all the different ways I will get to grow and improve over this next year. The different adventures my staff and I will embark on will no doubt help me to become a better professional and hopefully I will continue to learn more about myself along the way. As I watch my summer slowly start to fade into the distance, I am getting ready for this wild ride ahead of me. The journey, I'm sure, will be one worth sharing. So buckle up, folks, cause here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment