Thursday, November 10, 2011

Life in a Hotel

My current place of residence: a hotel. No, I'm not a person a part of the corporate world traveling around living out of a suitcase or a musician living life on the road. I'm a Residence Director of a Panhellenic Hall at ASU which just happens to be a former Sleep Inn. Need proof?
Home Sweet APH

Does that work for you? Or how about the time expedia sent someone to my residence hall for their hotel reservation. "Ma'am, I am sorry but if you can't tell by the hundreds of college-aged girls running around and screaming, you do not have a room booked here for the night!"

And if you can imagine life in a hotel living with nearly 250 Greek women, there is never a dull moment. These ladies never slow down and always keep me on my toes. And if the women aren't enough, the building has a mind of its own as well. You never can tell what direction the elevators are heading. There is a industrial size kitchen on the main floor that looks like it is straight from a scene of The Shinning. And my boss and I just recently found out that the pool area has a retractable roof. With  everything else this building has, a built in sun roof is not surprising.
But with all the quirks and unnatural amount of estrogen, I really love the APH. I have learned a lot about Greek Life and how to work with such a specific and unique population. And I am blessed to have an incredible staff with women who make me want to become a better person and RD each day. So did I ever guess that I'd ever live in a hotel? No...but I'm so thankful I am! Proud to live in the Appalachian Power House!

No comments:

Post a Comment