Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'll be seeing you...

I didn't want this time to come. I have actually been dreading it for quite some time now. But it's that time when I have to say goodbye to some of the most amazing people I know: The Carruth family. (Insert MAJOR sad face)

For those of you who don't know Andrew and Leigh, you're missing out! Andrew just graduated from the College Student Development program here at ASU and he and his wife Leigh and their little daughter Rorey adopted me into their family this year. From the very beginning of my graduate career, they would invite me up to their cabin for dinner or to watch endless episodes of The Big Bang Theory. Whenever I needed them and even in the times when I didn't think I needed them, they were always there. They hardly knew me but still showed me love and kindness I am not deserving of. As the year continued, they have stood by me through every situation - good or bad. They provided me with a shoulder to cry on, at times a bed to sleep on and the encouragement I needed to get through this past year. I never could have survived with out them!

Now they are off on their next adventure and chapter of life. And I would be lying if I said I wasn't sad to see them go. I'm not usually the type of person who really misses people, but one thing I know for sure is that I will miss Andrew and Leigh dearly!

Andrew and Leigh, I write this to you cause I know you'll read it. THANK YOU! For absolutely everything! I wish there was something I could do to show you just how much you mean to me and how thankful I am for your friendship. You two are so incredible and I am a better person for knowing you both. I'll be expecting to get a phone call from you the day Peanut starts talking. And you better believe that I am going to come visit every chance I get!

So this isn't goodbye cause I refuse to say goodbye to you...plus we'll have our family reunions to look forward to each year. So for now, I'll just say "I'll be seeing you..."

Love you both so much!

"Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget."


No comments:

Post a Comment