Saturday, August 14, 2010

How I Know I'm In The South...

Here are just a few quick things that remind me...nearly daily...that I am in the south.

1. You don't get into a car accident, you get into a wreck.
2. Living on the side of a mountain and having a deer trail for a drive way is normal.
3. Two drinks are served at meals...water and sweet tea.
4. There are restaurants here named Bojangles.
5. Riding around in the back of a truck is perfectly fine and normal. I personally have ridden in the back of a truck more times in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 15 years.
6. If you say "bag" in a northern accent, people will make you say it again and wonder where you are from.
7. People are shocked when you have never eaten at a Chic-fil-a.
8. Caribou is non-existent and Target is over 2 hours away

Now these are just a few small things that remind me that I am a very long ways from MN. While I love it here, I look forward to the day I get to be back in the Midwest. I miss seeing the sunset and chipotle. But for now, I will gladly enjoy my time in the south with all its quirks!

No comments:

Post a Comment