Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Welcome to the Jungle!

What could the band Guns N' Roses possibly be singing about in their 1987 hit song "Welcome to the Jungle"? Well friends, wouldn't you know that I know the answer to that particular question. Want to know? They are talking about, none other, but our lawn! NO JOKE! I'm not even sure there are words that can fully describe the scene that lays just beyond my window. We currently have dandelions that have grown to the height of the great Red Woods in California. The black plague of crab grass has spread to lengths beyond repair. We have a little flower bed up in the front part of our lawn which is overflowing with every type of weed imaginable. My roommate Jenny caved and started the endless task of pulling up the plethora of weeds, only to find a solo tulip struggling to hold on to life. One can only be led to think of what other helpless beauties are being suffocated within! Every day when pulling into our drive way, I just pray that our neighbors aren't out on their back porch. It is becoming too painful for me to acknowledge that each day our lawn is bringing down the value of their property. I hide within the walls of our house so I won't have to be confronted with the truth that our lawn is a hot mess. I suppose the one positive side to this whole fiasco is that we have created quite a rustic haven for all the neighborhood rabbits. I guess the only thing I can do now is to wait and hope for the day when I hear the necessary purr of a newly purchased lawn mower. That day cannot come soon enough! Discriminating photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment