Tuesday, March 22, 2011

White Leather, Red Laces

It's nearly baseball season and there is no where I would rather be than here....
Twins Territory
But of course, I am in Boone, North Carolina. I didn't really become obsessed with baseball until college. It must have been the 1/2 price general admission and the dollar dogs that got me. But it is seriously one of my favorite sports. Maybe because it shouts loud and clear "SUMMER". It could also be the sound of a packed stadium on a afternoon game, it's flat beer that only tastes good when sitting in a ball stadium, it's being able to people watch the entire game and never miss a thing. It is also becoming friends with the people sitting next to you...even if only for 9 innings! And if you're lucky - a few extra! It definitely is the 7th inning stretch and the kiss cam. Or possibly that one time you and your friends got the last few tickets for the home opener sitting in obstructed view seating and you started the slow clap!

Gosh...I LOVE THIS SPORT! Thankfully, just through the mountains about 40 miles is Elizabethtown where the Twins have their farm team. PTL! You better believe I am going to catch a game or two. But for now, I daydream about being with friends on a warm evening enjoying America's past-time. Thank goodness it is Baseball season!

No comments:

Post a Comment